Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Do you think they will ever add another new era doll?

  1. #1
    lovetheoldstuff
    Guest lovetheoldstuff's Avatar

    Post

    Do you think that AG will only add best friend dolls and annual LTD dolls or do you think they will ever come up with a brand new historical doll that has her own era? It is great to have the best friend dolls (and a great way for them to package a bunch of items for two characters in order to sell more products)but it would be nice if there was new time period introduced so that we could learn more facts about that time period.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sure hoping they come out with a new era doll. I love the friend dolls too, but decided not to purchase them as I loved my original dolls better (and have to stick to a budget) I think it would be great to see an Asian girl from say the Vietnam days who was an immigrant. Here's to hoping [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still hoping for a 1950s doll. I'd love a story about a girl moving out to one of the many new suburbs that were taking off back then and having to adjust to a new way of life. Plus the clothes, furniture and accessories would be fabulous. I think she should live in California because I would love to see her go to the opening of Disneyland (which happened in 1955).

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by auri:
    I'm still hoping for a 1950s doll. I'd love a story about a girl moving out to one of the many new suburbs that were taking off back then and having to adjust to a new way of life. Plus the clothes, furniture and accessories would be fabulous. I think she should live in California because I would love to see her go to the opening of Disneyland (which happened in 1955).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd love to see a 50's doll too. Your Disneyland connection would be GREAT!! I can just picture the mouse ears!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see a new era doll, but I'm afraid AG is taking the less expensive route of just reissuing almost the same doll, aka: friend dolls. They don't have to invest any time money or effort in developing a new character or do any research for a new book/time period. Since this is only our 3rd friend (Emily), do we really have to wait 6 more years till they're done with issuing all the friend dolls? (If that's their intention)

    Laurie

  6. #6
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I would love to see either a 50's girl or a girl from the 1600s who comes on the Mayflower.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member angelnise's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2006
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would love to see an earlier period doll coming over on the Mayflower! I like the 1950's idea also. She could have posters of Elvis, etc. HOW AWESOME that would be!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by dianasmama:
    I would love to see a new era doll, but I'm afraid AG is taking the less expensive route of just reissuing almost the same doll, aka: friend dolls. They don't have to invest any time money or effort in developing a new character or do any research for a new book/time period. Since this is only our 3rd friend (Emily), do we really have to wait 6 more years till they're done with issuing all the friend dolls? (If that's their intention)

    Laurie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think AG is doing friend dolls because of the movie tie-in. They must be getting a terrific boost in sales from that. Right now, we don't know if any movies past the first three will be made. If they are, then I suspect AG will just keep doing friend dolls. But if they aren't... Well then AG would be smart to take a break from the friends and do a full-fledged brand new doll.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope they will make more dolls that aren't friend dolls.

  10. #10
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by uktmw:
    I am sure hoping they come out with a new era doll. I love the friend dolls too, but decided not to purchase them as I loved my original dolls better (and have to stick to a budget) I think it would be great to see an Asian girl from say the Vietnam days who was an immigrant. Here's to hoping [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ooooh, that's what I have been wanting to!
    Maybe great minds will think alike - yours mine, and theirs!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •